Friday, February 3, 2012

What I learn from Week Four?



I read a lot of different articles about reading listening and speaking. I feel that I gain a lot from the mentioned articles. What I enjoyed most is the websites I got from different people and from the articles mentioned.  The reading materials make me learn more about different techniques and methods about teaching and learning process. Concerning the websites, I tried all of and they are useful and they have huge number of uses. They need much time to go over them and try to organize them and put them on the right spot to be used. I am astonished by the number of websites and by the content they have. I am delighted that I learn new things every week.  I feel happy that my students will get much benefit from the ideas and websites that I am getting from this course and this week. What makes this course great is its rich stuff, materials, websites and ideas. I am positive that all participants get benefit, richen their background and make them brighten up their critical thinking skills. The magic thing about this week is the Nicenet thread which is the cream of the crop. I feel that it is a pleasant journey for me and for all of the participants to learn, read, process our thought, generate ideas, put them logically and present them on the thread. Everyone is an expert in this course because the huge experience each one has. What makes me thrilled about this week is the amount of materials I went over and the way of communication we use. Ideas agree generated automatically. The big challenge that occurs in this week is the tasks given by the instructors. Lots of work is given like the reading materials, web search, project tasks and the Nicenet thread that required time, effort and quick reflection. Challenge makes people learn in this course and add a lot to their experience. I got a lot from the participants especially those who use critical thinking skills to communicate with each other. I am trying my best to use some ideas in my class and with my coworkers in the school. I try using some of the ideas in my field. I won't forget the articles about lesson planning which is the most important activity that a teacher should worry about. Once you manage and write a well-organized lesson plan, your message will be delivered smoothly. This lesson plan is engaged with the use of technology so that a teacher ends up with an interesting lesson.  I am happy to be a participant in this course. I am thankful to the participants and the instructors for making this course interesting. I would like end up my words by saying thank you very much to you all and thank you for your time reading my humble words.
I would like to suggest more websites for this week:



16 comments:

  1. Dear Salam,
    Thank you for the sites you shared on the Nicenet and here, in your blog!
    It is great that in spite of a million other things we have to do beside the course, you still kept in touch and commented on my posts and lesson plan! Thank you for your time and effort!
    That is really great you try to bring everything you learn here into your class, and share with your colleagues - this is what the course is meant for (in my opinion). And you are right here - we will need much time to look through the sites that were offered so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Yuliya,

    Thank you very much indeed for you nice words! I am glad and proud to be with you in this valuable course!! All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the links. Will go through them once time is on my side. I'm still trying to finish the 2 additional articles suggested by our instructors and still in the phase of reading our friends' posts' on Nicenet.

    xx
    Nur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nur,

    Glad to help and I am happy to read your nice words!! Good luck with the reading!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Salam,

    you summed up effectively all that we have read and discussed at various points. As you say, this week is really challenging. The articles provided very useful information.

    Thank You for sharing,
    Vijay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Vijay,

    Thank you for your encouraging words!!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Salam,
    I'm glad to read your post on what you learned on Week 4. It's very direct, well-organized and straight-forward. I appreciate the fact that you provided us with lots of sites here on the blog. You also shared us many important sites on Nicenet thread, which I tried and added to my Delicious page. I truly consider you very supportive and helpful. I wish you the best of luck that you deserve.
    Best regards,
    Nihmat, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Nihamt,

    It's my pleasure to read you wonderful words about my post!! I appreciate every single word you say about my simple try!! Because you are a great lady, you feel that all people are great!! Your powerful words heal the hidden wounds in all!! Thank you very much indeed!

    Wish you all the best!
    Salam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Salam,
      I think you exaggerate here a little bit, Salam!
      My posts are just sincere and genuine and nothing else. I really mean every word I write without any flattery.
      Based on your post, I discovered the poet we have in our class; it's you, Salam!
      Feeling so proud to have a friend like you in my class!
      Best regards,
      Nihmat

      Delete
  9. Hi Salam,

    I will to tell you here that I have been enjoying every post of yours. Each time I wanted to reply, but the time limit kept me from doing this. Now I use the opportunity to express my appreciation for all your contributions collectively.

    And one more thing - it's so nice to see your photo. I used to imagine you as a new generation gentleman, slim, with long dark curly hair, with iPhone and an head-phone in the ear. And each time I was reading your posts I was thinking, "How wise and how professional. What a nice generation is growing." ;-)

    I wish you keep like this and look forward to your further posts.

    Best regards,

    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Val,

    Glad to hear from you! Thank you very much for the sweet words you wrote about me!! Thank a lot for the picture you draw about me! I was really expecting your writing on my posts many times and now I got it!! I usually read your posts and I am impressed by the ideas you brought up to the course!! Wish you all the best!!

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Salam,

    I loved what you said about everyone in this class being "an expert". That is so true! It makes it so easy to "teach" this course when there is such a wealth of information and experience out there with every individual here.

    Like you, I'm overwhelmed with how many websites there are "out there". So much information, so little time!!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for your wonderful words and for your supportive attitudes to me and to all as usual!!! I will never forget them!! Wish you all the best and thank you for your great effort!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Nihmat,

    Thank you very much indeed for your nice words! I am not exaggerating believe me!! Your power of words reflect your nice feeling to all!! Your words make me compose nice words! I am proud too to have you as a friend so I am lucky!!!

    Wish you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Salam,

    I also read carefully everything you are writing and appreciate your links and ideas. I wish I could write more often, but due to some circumstances I currently have very limited time. This is why a lot of interaction I would like to engage in remain in my mind.
    I hope the upcoming week will be less busy and I will share more.

    Best regards,

    Val, Belarus

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Val,

    Thank you very much indeed for your careful reading my words!! I am happy that you like my links!!! Thank you for your time.


    Salam

    ReplyDelete