Friday, March 9, 2012

Week 9: The End of The Pleasant Journey!



Hello Jodi & Sheire and everyone,

I am writing these words and I am mesmerized, paralyzed and breathless because this course is going to end. I love the moment I communicate with everyone in this course. I love the moment I understand and learn from everyone. This week is the 9th and I collect a lot of information and learn the power of thinking and discussion. Allow me dear to start speaking about this golden, super, bright and outstanding course. We started with getting to know each other and then introduced to the ground rules for the discussion. Which are the basic and main strategies that we all follow during the course. I learnt to create my own blog and I tried my best to learn more about the blog and its features. I got the idea of writing something and commenting on my classmates work. I am obliged to be introduced to the ABCD learning objectives. I read more about the ABCD from different materials. I used these techniques when I did my lesson plan and I  used it a lot during this course. I had a pleasant tour and discover the most effective web search. I add to my bookmark a lot of websites and I feel great that I have these rich websites. Then I worked on Oral/aural skill-building websites and bookmarks with Delicious. I read different materials about Oral and aural. The bookmarks I got familiar with are a great help for me and my students. I moved to reading and writing websites which gave me huge benefit about the techniques of reading and writing. I spent some times searching some websites and read, analyze, and summarize some ideas about reading and writing. Then I learn more about lesson plans using technology and tools that help in teaching. Then I move to Webquests, Rubrics and PBL. I struggle in making my own Webquest but finally I ended up with my successful webquest. I read a lot of materials about PBL which needs much time concentrating on the materials given because there was a huge benefit. I learn about large classes and interactive powerpoint. These two points are very interesting to me and I learn a lot in term of application. A big number of websites give a lot of information about the large classes and the interactive powerpoint. Then I was introduced to Learner autonomy and the one-computer classroom and which another excellent subject. I spent a wonderful time discussing, forming, and preparing the project. I experience the best practices in the webinar I learn about its features. I tried my best to apply what I learnt in my classes at the institutes and I will do my best to use the materials, websites and ideas soon. I will try my best to go through the materials again and learn more and discover other beneficial ideas.   I am very happy that I communicate with the course participants during the course. I felt great when I share the discussion through the nicenet. I add a lot to my experience and my filed of teaching. I apply till now most of the technological tools that I learn from this course.  I am proud that I attend this course and I met the great instructors, the bright guests and the wonderful participants.  



Thank you very much indeed for your time.

Salam

16 comments:

  1. Dear Salam,

    I think all the posts I am going to read today and tomorrow will be like yours - with the touch of sadness about the upcoming closure of this terrific course.

    I share your feelings and your appreciation of everything what has been done for us and to us (because, I suppose, we all changed in the process of doing it), the superb skills we've learned and the enormous collection of the resources I have compiled.

    I am going to write about it in my blog, but here today let me express my appreciation of your generous contribution, your kind support and the irreproachably chivalrous attitude to all the participants. It has been a real pleasure to get to know you and to learn from you. I hope we will stay in touch and will keep sharing, cooperating and helping each other.

    My kindest regards,

    Val, Belarus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear wonderful lady,

    It's my pleasure to meet you and communicate with you!! You show a great concern about this course, about the participants and about the materials given. You did a great job during the course and I really enjoyed reading your posts and your other work!! I am lucky that I have a great lady like you!! We will keep in touch through blogs and emails, I will be delighted to keep communicating with you!! I wish you all the best!!

    thank you very much

    Salam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Salam,

    This is a great recap on what we have learnt for the duration of this course. The sweet and bitterness experience will be etched in my memory. We have had opportunities to read mountains of information and perform real life ICT based activities for our lessons in order to increase our knowledge to what is suitable to be adapted to our class.
    All the valuable experience will never be forgotten. Thanks for being a part of this journey.

    xx
    Nur

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have read the minds of all of us,feeling the sadness with near-end of this course.You are also right taking us through this re tale of the journey and though we reach the end but I think i'll go and re-read and reconsider what we have gone through again and again and I believe I'll discover that looking for the second time different ideas will emerge.I'm glad to have met you here and hope to continue exchange ideas and experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Nur,

    Thank you very much for your wonderful words. I am really lucky to have a friend like you in this course and later. You play a major role during the discussion and the different activities. I hope that we will keep in touch and share ideas.

    Wish you all th best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Hind,

    Thank you very much for your great words and I am glad that I have a friend like you. You are one of the best members who give a lot to this course. I hope that we can keep in touch and exchange ideas about he different techniques in teaching. Wish you all the best.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Salam again,

    I remember that at the beginning of the course you asked about Skype sessions. What if we arrange one to celebrate the end of the course?

    Maybe not on the ANVILL platform, since not everybody managed to get through to it, but just on Skype? Or else where?

    Enjoy the rest of Sunday,

    Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Val,

      It is my pleasure to have a chat with you! Can we do it sometime next week. We can arrange time and talk. Could we use the Yahoo messenger, please? Wish you all the best.

      Thank you
      Salam

      Delete
  8. Dear Salam,

    May be it is the will of GOD to bring us all together in one classroom to share the tech-honey. We have all been busy bees working together and sharing the joy together. One special thing is your presence in our team. I enjoyed tour posts and comments. Let's share our experiences even after this course.
    with all best wishes,
    Vijay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Vijay,

    I am very happy to be with you this course. It is my pleasure keep communicating with you and with all my classmates in this course. Your support to this course is a treasure.

    Wish you all the best.

    Salam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Salam,
    It has been a pleasure to read your recap of our course. You contributed to all the discussions with valuable comments. You've been helpful with all the group members. Thank you.
    Ludmila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ludmila,

      The pleasure is mine!! I do strongly believe that your power of participation in this course makes it great and valuable to all. Thank you for everything. Wish you all the best!

      Delete
  11. Hello Salam and all who posted touching words,

    I guess we have to admit that “All good things come to an end”. This week’s posts will be indeed similar expressing sadness and gratification at the same time. Sadness because this wonderful course will reach to its end and fulfillment due to all the accomplishments we have done!
    But then again, this wonderful worldwide connection shouldn’t end! We can stay in touch through the group created by Hassan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/266229906788212/

    Sylvia, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brother Salam
      Really, we are very close to an end; all the sweetest moments will be our past very soon. The fusion of great teachers and ideas, especially on nicenet, will no more available. However, we made a family and hopefully this will remain through our blogs.

      Arifeen, Bangladesh

      Delete
    2. Hello Arifeen,

      Nice and pleasant memories will never forgotten. We will all keep picturing every moment we experience and every learning process we had during the course.
      Wish you all the best!

      Salam

      Delete
    3. Hello Sylvia,

      Thank you for your kind words. I believe that nice memories and great values won't be forgotten easily. We will keep recalling and watching all the events like a great movie.
      Wish you all the best.

      Salam

      Delete