Friday, February 7, 2014

Never Give Up






      I am going to write about some people's stories . People who are not give up under any of the situation that face them. And  they continue their live. We must not give up we must solve our problems.
     First story is about Natalie, the swimmer who lost a leg. Natalie du Toit, the South African swimmer. She was only seventeen when she lost her leg in a car accident . She was going to a training session at the swimming pool on her motorcycle when a car hit her. Her leg had to be amputated at the knee. At the time, she was one of South Africa's most promising young swimmers. Everybody thought that she would never be able to swim competitively again.
     But Natalie was determined to persevere. She went back into the pool only three months after the accident. And just one year later, at the Commonwealth games in Manchester, she swam  800 meters in 9 minutes 11.38 seconds and qualified for the final- but not for disabled swimmers, for able boded ones. Although she didn't win a medal, she still made history.
     " I remember how thrilled I was the first time that I swam after recovering from the operation. It felt like my leg was there. It still does". Says Natalie " the water is the gift that give me back my leg. I am still the same person I was before the accident. I believe everything happen in life for a reason. You can't go back and change anything. Swimming was my life and still is. My dream is to swim faster than I did before the accident.
      The second story is about Bethany, the surfer who lost an arm. Bethany Hamilton was the best girl surfer of her age when she lost an arm in a shark attack. She was only thirteen years old and was surfing in Hawaii when a tiger shark attacked her and tore off her left arm. It happened so fast she didn't even scream.
     But Bethany was determined to get back on a surfboard as soon as possible. As soon as she left the hospital, she began practicing her surfing exercises on the beach. Everyone was amazed to see her surfing so soon after her accident. Incredibly, she finished 5th at the National Surfing Championship.
      " the first time I went back into the water , I was so happy I cried" she said." It was easier than I thought. But obviously it's much more difficult than with both arms, and I have to accept I'll probably never be world champion, which used to be my dream."
     Since then, Bethany has signed a contract with Rip Curl and has written a book about her experience, which has been made into a movie. "I always dream of the ocean"   she says ,     " when you surf a wave, it's like walking on water, and when you're in the air, it's like flying,"
     To conclude, we must not give up easily. We must believe that Allah will support us. And if we fell in any problem or any difficult situation we should not give up we should solve it. " live is wonderful just understand it".            

No comments:

Post a Comment